The word is out!

So we sent an announcement video to friends, and also announce the news to a group of close friends at S's 30th birthday back in June, I was only about 10+ weeks at that moment. Either way, the news was very contained to trusted family and friends. I announced with a surprise cake for the husband... I wish we had a video to capture people's reactions, the girls had it right away, the guys were busy singing "happy birthday" and were very slow to respond, haha.
This past weekend was the 4th of July and I always go back to the suburb I grew up in to see the parade and fireworks, but also many people I grew up with. I knew the topic of babies would come up, and there were also some people who knew and some who didn't at this point. I decided since I was basically at the end of my first trimester to go ahead and make it known on FB... this is terrifying and makes everything a little more real and permanent, because god forbid anything happen, I would have to delete my FB account! There's no going back from there. So I took a picture of our dog Madden with a sign around his neck and posted it on FB and watched the comments roll in.

It was fun going back to my childhood neighborhood for the 4th and being congratulated by everyone. It was also awesome when people said I didn't look pregnant!


It's better than people thinking I am 6 months preg and I'm only like 3... that's bad news. One of the exciting things was being at my mom's house where my wedding dress is still hanging, so I thought what better time to play dress up in my wedding dress! To my surprise it still fit, although a little tight where my boobs are, which is shocking these huge things could even think about getting bigger.
See, now I'm a pregnant chick in a wedding dress on the 4th of July.... passerby's were confused, probably not because of the preg, but because I was frolicking in the yard in this on the 4th, super random.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS