Innie or outie? I don't mean belly buttons!

Finally hitting the 20 week mark means finding out the gender for a lot of people. I decided I wanted to have a gender reveal party and had that planned the week after my ultrasound. I brought in two pieces of paper, one with boy and one with girl written on them. The plan was for the ultrasound tech to put the correct one in a sealed envelope and I would send it off to a friend.

I was so excited that morning, I could not wait for them to see the P or the V that my little meeba was packing, and although I would not find out for about a week, I was still pumped. The tech did the ultrasound for about 40 minutes to discover that meeba was being a jerk and was breech with the legs tightly clamped together deep in my pelvis, leaving no hope for gender determination. I left the ultrasound feeling upset and frustrated and didn't know how to proceed with my gender CONCEAL party at this point. What a stubborn jerk this baby was.

I decided to pursue getting another ultrasound by a private company that does packages, including gender determination. Although I don't like the idea of giving Meeba too many ultrasounds, I had a party to plan! I went to Goldenview Ultrasound and have to say, I cannot rave enough about this magical spa ultrasound wonderland. This was DAYS before my party, so it was critical in my self-absorbed world that the gender be determined, otherwise I was bound to have a yellow filled boring ass party. They put you in a large room with enough chairs for like 12 friends and family, there's a large real bed, not a narrow cot  on the ground like in the hospital ultrasound, and then there's a ginormous flat screen TV where you can watch what they're doing instead of craning your neck to see on the techs tiny screen. Ahmazeballs.

After like 10 minutes, the tech was certain she found Meeb's ween or vag. I almost cried. She put the piece of paper that I had been carrying around with me into an envelope and sealed it so I couldn't cheat. I sped off to the UPS to overnight this envelope to my wife C. She would be the only one that would know what's growing in my uterus.

A day before the party, the special envelope arrived at her house... I couldn't believe all this was about to be revealed!!

I just can't seem to get these belly stickers right








 




And you thought I was going to tell you the gender!? Read on readers, read on...




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS