10 weeks along!

So at 10 weeks, I finally had my prenatal appointment with the midwives, that's right, no OBGYN for this girl. I love midwives, they sing the fairy dance of babies and don't require you to labor on your back, which is against physics. S and I went to the appointment not really knowing what to expect. The medical assistant/CNA took me into the room without S first to ask the most personal questions (you know, do I have or have I ever had gonorrhea, and does S abuse me), I thought although the separation between myself and husband for the questioning didn't matter as he knows my gonorrhea status, lol, I thought it was a crucial aspect for a lot of patients, so I deeply respected their system.

Later she brought the midwife and S in to go over their practice and my pregnancy, I asked questions, S slept in the corner, and then I had a quick exam. No heart beat was detected this appointment, which is normal, but my inner crazy still freaked out (bought a hand held doppler the next day for at home use)... can we say cray cray?

The midwife said she wasn't sure if I was 10 weeks or how far along I was, so we are scheduled for a dating ultrasound next week. Eeek!

My nausea has kicked up full force. Luckily, I haven't spent my time barfing my guts out, but can barely eat normal food that's not fruit, and definitely not meat. The morning is the worst when I first wake up and the nausea hits me so hard I can barely get out of bed, it's like the worst case of low blood sugar. I have to keep eating small snacks to stay ahead of this death feeling and am too tired or nauseous to participate in life. I have been known to lay on my office floor for a nap.


 more gas pouch belly, and still lookin a hot mess. 

How far along? 10 weeks!


Maternity clothes: I am lucky that it's summer and I can get away with my summer dresses :) Haven't tried real pants in about a week, but the last time I tried I was still in my J. Crew skinnies!


Stretch marks: Nope. Stay away stretchies!


Sleep: I love sleep, but it's not the same. I get up at 4am to pee almost every night. I'm not very comfortable, so a lot of tossing and turning.


Best moment this week: I finally had my prenatal appointment with the midwife!


Miss anything? Eating real food


Movement: Noope


Food cravings: Fruit, fruit, and more fruit. Plus bread.


Anything making you queasy or sick? Still the "P" word... rhymes with dork. ugh, yuck.


Gender:  won't know for awhile!


Labor signs: too early fools


Symptoms: barf nausea diarrhea central


Belly button in or out? In.


Wedding rings on or off? On.  


Happy or moody most of the time: All of them. Every mood there is, I have it.


Looking forward to: Still waiting to show so I don't feel sloppy pouchy anymore




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS